Friday, August 11, 2006





Have been away for sometime.Travelled this time to Connecticut for a meeting.Travelling ,surprisingly ,always helps me to rewind a bit.To take stock and gather my thougths.
As I stare out of the window while travelling I cant help but notice other people on the road.The guy with a canoe or a dirt bike tied to his jeep and cruising away on a highway.A lady sitting with her kid on a park bench.The old man in a coffee shop sitting at the corner table,reading or gazing out.
When I look at such people I immediately see a stark difference between them and me,which is their control over their time and routine.
For years now I am bound to a routine, Monday to Friday, 9-5. A fixed schedule, bound to a office chair.So much so that small things like visiting a doctor or dentist during the weekday is a big change and I have to plan way in advance to do so.
And then there are these people, free ,walking ,driving doing things they love on a weeekday at 11.00 in the morning.I envy them, for what they have.I may have a lot in terms of security of a job and stable earning power but while I got this in one hand I gave away my freedom from the other.I just read somewhere that more and more people are taking work with them even on vacations.Being very practical and non-dreamy I think I made the politically right choice by chosing stability and routine over freedom. But sometimes the rebel deep down yearns for attention..

Life is always about decisions.

1 Comments:

Blogger Neha said...

oh yes..it surely is..and sometimes i feel like my life's just going ona path of its own..like it's not in my hands...even though i noe it is..yet..

4:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home