Monday, November 06, 2006


Someone,For me.

I ventured out of my parents home only when I got my first job.My Dad came along with me to "settle me down" in a new city and he had to return home after he was satisfied that I had with me, all that I needed.I remember that moment vividly.Tears brimming in our eyes,but both of us not wanting to cry, he went down the stairs from my apartment.I shut the door and ran to watch him ,through the window as he walked down a busy market street.My eyes followed him till he disappeared in the crowd.

It took that moment ,for me to know what he means to me.Being able to call one among the million faces ,yours, is the most blissfull thing.

I travel often and on my return to my home I look forward to the moment when you come out of the airport and in the swarm of faces you search your own,loved one.That is the best medicine for the jetlag,the tired feet and the drained senses.I have found instant energy in the warm hug of my dear ones.I have seen children run ,jumping in their dad's arms with squeals of joy!On that note ,have you ever seen a kid not jumping,not excited.They are just so energetic.

And then I reflect on those who have no one.No one to give a warm hug,no one happy that you returned,no one looking forward to being with you again.How terrible must that be!!Loneliness can be so painful.I pray for such people.I pray they find someone who can become their caring friend,family.

Also I reflect on those that have a family and take this luxury for granted.Companionship is a lovely gift.Cherish it like Gold.

10 Comments:

Blogger Mumbai Guy said...

Good post. Many times we do not realize that we always have something others don't. Yet we crib most of the times.

Good to think all the points noted.

2:30 PM  
Blogger Neer said...

family!! indeed a the much needed support system. good ode!

6:52 PM  
Blogger Vaibhav J said...

Very true, we do need someone to look forward to and live for, or else it has no meaning to it,
Good thoughts

9:33 PM  
Blogger Junius said...

wow!
and its more pity when we have near ones but we dont realize how valuable they are..
btw i also liked the title 'ek onkar satnaam'

12:41 AM  
Blogger der Bergwind said...

companionship.. over the yearz i have really supported the need for one... but sumwhere have seen this feeling, desire, urge just gettin abused :)
like.... i wud put it at 'connection'!! the rite combo... apart from parentz.. sumwhere u need the rite tunes wen u wanna feel the musik inside out :))
walking down the roads, drapped in all the different shades of attire n attitude... we are all unique.. wud have been nice to spot the familiar face in the crowd... wud be quite a sweet crowd then... all for one n one for all?!!

1:27 AM  
Blogger Keshi said...

and u have me to hug u anyways...HUGGGGGGGGGZ Rupali!

Keshi.

4:28 PM  
Blogger think said...

When we are alone, we need to be strong and we are our best friend within us. In a strange world, to trust someone is difficult with new faces, but we have to take the path which brings confidence and strength to us.

6:52 PM  
Blogger delhidreams said...

coming to your blog through a comment you left on abhishek's blog.
hmmm, the more you meet people, the more you find they are similar. three of my all time fave movies are in your favorite list, for example :)
and i loved it when you said, tears welled up in my eyes when i saw the times of india...
beautiful :)

5:55 AM  
Blogger Archana Bahuguna said...

Beautiful thoughts, family and friends are the most priceless and valuable indeed!

And I really hope those who are alone, are not really alone and God has a way worked out for them too!:-)

1:58 PM  
Blogger Neha said...

touching..and at the same time...the last bit of ur post..its so true!!do women get even half of what they give..wil they ever!

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home