Tuesday, April 29, 2008



" The hearts deepest and purest desires are always fulfilled" ..Midway through "My experiments with truth" the autobiography of Gandhiji,this statement made me pause for a moment and reflect.Another feel good quote , or the truth, I wondered.

I cannot comprehend what a pure desire could be.Could it be materialistic? Could a desire that benefits none other than oneself be pure. Deep may be ,but pure?To serve the poor , a seemingly pure desire. But is it?

I have often looked at altruistic deeds with a certain level of skepticism.Unbelievable, ain't it! I have often wondered if these deeds are done in response to hidden elitist tendencies. A need to reassure oneself that one is morally on higher grounds.

Climbing the steps of many a temple, I have seen decorative tablets, with names of donors engraved with the best calligraphy.A reasonable expectation on the part of the donor ,right? I agree.
I think the act of giving counts, and not the purity of the desire.

Is man then really capable of a pure desire? Will I know the answer to this in this lifetime?

2 Comments:

Blogger Vaibhav J said...

No one in the world is really capable of a pure desire, simple because everyone is selfish towards one's life.
Cheers!

10:09 PM  
Blogger THOUGHFULLY ME said...

I say there is nothing called a pure desire,Just because no one actually had a thought over it. But I wish to ask if your persuit is sheer 'pure desire' , a flying thought , or simple quest to know.
What i firmly belive is that life is not about finding its meaning of what you want to achieve by pure desires for that matter,Its about living ,enjoying ,being happy and helping others.No one but you are responsible for the goodness within.. Take pride ...

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home