Tuesday, July 22, 2008




Forgive and forget.

An idea that I have struggled with ,quite often. Forget..it’s doable..one would imagine.When someone wrongs you , over time, the pain of being wronged does not bite you each day. In the mundane grind of life ,the memory almost becomes dormant.You may not want to move on, but life does.. and you do too ..with it. But whenever that distant memory flashes back, the pain you feel , the tears that roll down,are still as real as before.

So,the question is .. have you really forgotten?

Forgiveness on the other hand ,is something I cannot seem to comprehend. The image of the person who hurt you, wronged you, changes in your mind for ever. Outwardly we might pretend ,but deep within we know that the he or she is not the same person to us any longer. We exercise caution with that person, we do not trust them and we really never forgive.

What’s done is done. Nothing can reverse it. We never forget it, and I think we never forgive. We initially struggle and then adjust to the fact that we judged someone wrongly, placed trust in the wrong person.We learn.

Is learning ,then, like forgiving? Does it symbolize our effort to move on and take something away, change a part of us, from that experience of being wronged. I will strive for these answers always.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mumbai Guy said...

I don't know what context you have this thoughts based on but overall I would think you can never forget someone. Like you note, flashback happens and it does bind you atleast for some time.

I can actually relate to forget and forgive tale. I loved a girl truely and she did too. One misunderstanding, one distrust broke us apart. It's been many years since then and as much as I like to hate her and forget her, she comes back in my head. Thoughts and times with her entertain me for sometime and does give my head some caffiene.

And everytime I ask myself, if I can/did forgive her. Always I wish she never should have done what she did. Forgiving as much as you are but somehow it just don't happen. Think more you love someone, more difficult life gets.

6:06 PM  
Blogger Mumbai Guy said...

Still down?

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home